February 03, 2014

2014 Month One Update!

I've been too busy to update this site as much as I'd like, but the good part of that is that it means I've been very productive! Here are some of the things I've been up to:

  • Submitting a story for a January 1 submission window (that one came back rejected, but very nicely, and I'm looking for a new market for it!)
  • Writing and submitting a story on invitation for a January 15th deadline (still waiting to hear, but I love how the story came out, so it's a win no matter how it turns out with this particular market)
  • Submitting a story for a February 14th deadline (I was happy with how that one turned out, and even got it in early! And now comes the wait.)
  • Keeping up with my weekly hangouts and hangout reports (this is always challenging)
  • Finishing Chapter 2 of a new novel tentatively titled Secrets that Bind
  • Starting Chapter 3 of Secrets that Bind

I've now got two more story invitations to answer for later in the year, which I'm mulling on. I'm also thinking about how to jump into a new story for Analog, and continuing to look for a new agent.

That, and of course real life with my kids and my wonderful husband.

I'll keep you updated as further developments occur. Thank you for supporting and believing in me!












.