October 19, 2012

Submitting my novel, For Love, For Power

Yes, it's actually happened after two whole years. The novel is done, the revisions are done, and I'm going to be submitting it to my agent on Monday. My agent is Ashley Grayson, for those of you who are curious! He says he's looking forward to seeing it.

I'm nervous. Two years of work doesn't even begin to describe it, since I actually tried to write the novel unsuccessfully once before (when I say unsuccessfully I mean I couldn't finish it). And because this world is one that I've been designing since I was 13. Let's just say the stakes are high in terms of time invested.

Here's the one-sentence synopsis for those of you who missed it on my blog:

A young nobleman battles his insane brother to keep him from seizing power.

Of course, there's a lot more to it than that, the most salient thing being nuance. In any case, I'll keep you updated as things develop. In the meantime, I'm working on short stories right now, again, after quite a long break. I'd really like to see if I can speed up my short story production this year, and now that the novel is out, that may be possible!

I'm also planning to resume my Google+ hangouts in November. Looking forward to seeing you there sometime!















.