November 29, 2011

Writing Update

Well, the theme for the last few months has been "strung out," but things are improving. World Fantasy Convention was an absolute blast, and I met tons of wonderful people and learned all kinds of interesting stuff. In the next few weeks on TalkToYoUniverse I'm going to be putting out blog posts about some of the books I picked up while I was there... super cool and culturally engaging. I'm at the tail end of my third revision of "The Liars." If there's one thing I've figured out, it's that even if the delays are frustrating, it's much better for me to get the story right than to get it out in a hurry. I'm also making progress on For Love, For Power, looking forward to delivering it to my agent in the coming year (spring). I'm also really enjoying the worldbuilding hangout discussions that I've been holding on Google+. We have a new topic every week, and we meet on Wednesdays at 11am Pacific, so you're always welcome to stop by and look for us. This week's topic will be Colonialism and Imperialism, which are themes I often pick up in my stories in the Allied Systems Universe.

I'm clearing out my days and trying to ramp up my writing, because that's what will make me the happiest I can be. I hope that very soon I can stop by here and tell you that I've got something exciting finished... And then we'll go from there.














.