October 10, 2011

On the cusp

I'm almost done with "The Liars" revisions. I feel like I've been working on this forever, but it was a story that I wrote over the summer, and over the summer I had virtually no mental bandwidth. Have you ever felt like you were thinking through a straw? It was sort of like that. I'm one scene away from the end, and I actually have the last scene sketched out in its new order. I'm waiting to have a day when I can actually write it. Tomorrow might be that day. Boy, would I love that!

The story I was rewriting with fingers crossed ended up rejected, but it's not all bad - the story is now better, and I can tell. I am hopeful that it will fare better at the market where it currently resides than it did at the last one!

I have been trying to find my way back to my novel for such a long time! I know now that it won't be finished by year's end. However, I'm not so behind that it looks like taking another entire year. I just happen to be one of those people who has to concentrate really hard on one thing at a time. So I'm looking forward to getting back to it. As usual, I have a lot of things waiting in the wings which I may be able to put some effort on once "The Liars" is done. So I really feel like I'm on the cusp of starting a new dynamic for my writing for the next few months. I'm looking forward to it, and hoping tomorrow will be the day when "The Liars" goes out to its second round of critique. Realistically speaking, it will probably be later this week... but I will be optimistic!












.