February 28, 2011

Part 1 of Novel Done!

This weekend I finished chapter 10 of For Love, For Power. This is a goal that I've been working at for years - even since before I started this particular draft of the story. There's a crucial, pivotal event that happens at the end of chapter 10, and the last time I tried to write it, I could never seem to get there. Getting there this time makes me feel that I'm really doing this thing!

I'm now jumping into part 2, where a lot more of the material will be coming straight out of my head rather than past drafts of the story. This has both advantages and disadvantages. Still, I'm excited to be heading into a stretch of the story which I've been envisioning a long time (probably 3 or 4 years) but never gotten to the point of writing. This time, I'll write it.

And that's good news.






















.