January 10, 2011

Writing Update

So far my new year's resolution for writing is going pretty well. I'm ahead on my blog posts for this week, which is intended to free up some time for serious novelizing. I finished Chapter 6 of For Love, For Power on schedule and am into Chapter 7, hoping to finish it this week. It would be great if I could finish it a bit early, especially considering that Chapter 7 uses some previously-written material that I have in hand, and Chapter 8 does not! I need to use my extra time judiciously.

Also, this weekend I had some setting ideas really come together for a new story in the Allied Systems Universe, whose tentative title is now "The Liars." Inspirations I can't go into in detail, unfortunately, but there are elements of my Japanese experience woven in with my own backyard (literally!) and an interesting language question that I've been holding onto for a while. Should be fun!






















.