October 11, 2010

Writing Update...

I'm happy to say that having my daughter in Kindergarten and my son in second grade has been wonderful for my writing, giving me much more time than I had previously (which I admit wasn't much!). As a result, I've been able to move a Varin novel - "For Love, For Power" - onto my front burner, while keeping a couple of shorter stories developing at the same time. I've currently completed six chapters of the novel draft and am in the midst of chapter seven; I've also finished preliminary revisions of my Realm of Words story, "Kindred Spirit." A sequel to my 2009 Analog story, "Cold Words," is still in outline form but I hope to move forward on it as soon as I get "Kindred Spirit" out on submission.






***



For more in-depth discussions of language and culture, and their application to science fiction and fantasy, my blog TalkToYoUniverse will be continuing to run. Come and visit!














_