October 24, 2010

New Submissions

It looks like I'll be making two submissions this week: one of an existing story, "Smoke and Feathers," and another of my newly finished story, "Her Spirit Confined." Interestingly enough, both of these stories are set in Japan. The first is set in modern Japan, though, while the second is set in the Heian era. I'm happy to have these both going out, and I really hope they'll land, because I'd love to see some more variety in the material that I have out in publication. Not that aliens aren't fun, but they're not the only thing I'm up to!

I'll definitely post and let you know when I see my upcoming Analog in the mailbox. I'm not sure if that will occur before or after the newsstand date of November 7th. We'll see...







***



For more in-depth discussions of language and culture, and their application to science fiction and fantasy, my blog TalkToYoUniverse is still running. Come and visit!












_