October 05, 2010

It's Official!

Today I got my December Analog, and it's official - here's the quote from Dr. Stanley Schmidt's "In Times to Come" blurb:

Juliette Wade has only recently started appearing in Analog, but immediately made a big impression on readers with her tales of truly alien yet very believable cultures seen from within. It's one of the hardest things to attempt in science fiction, but she has a special knack for it, no doubt due in part to her background in linguistics - and living with alien cultures. Next month she leads off our double issue with another fine example, "At Cross Purposes," which inspired Bob Eggleton's cover.

This is a shocking, amazing dream come true for me. As soon as I can, I'll put the cover image up here, but for now, you can all imagine me jumping up and down with the excitement and anticipation of seeing my name, and my aliens, on the outside of a magazine for the first time.




***



For more in-depth discussions of language and culture, and their application to science fiction and fantasy, my blog TalkToYoUniverse will be continuing to run. Come and visit!









_